NOKIAN HAKKAPELIITTA R TIRES
• Brake Booster - A new shape for the hind edge of the tread bar, which enhances deceleration on slippery surfaces using the sipes’ design.
• Canola-silica compound - Using a canola-silica compound in the tread improves the tire’s wet grip and reduces rolling resistance without compromising the tire’s good winter properties.
• Purified Oils - Only purified oils and no toxic or carcinogenic chemicals at all are used in the tire production. Nokian Tyres is a pioneer of environmental friendliness in its field and is the world's first tire manufacturer to have introduced purified, low-aromatic oils in its production. The tire's wet grip and other safety properties are excellent.
• Winter Driving Safety Indicator
• Sipe activators - The sipe activators on the edge of the tire’s tread pattern enhance the sipes’ performance on the most slippery surfaces
• The Mud Stopper - The mud stopper prevents damage to the tire by stopping dirt and other objects from getting caught between the tire and the rim.
• The Rim Guard - The sturdy rib on the rim area protects the rim against knocks and scratches. Not available in all sizes.
• Single Wire Bead structure - The Single Wire Bead structure ensures the durability of the tire, even in heavy use. It also lowers the tire’s rolling resistance, i.e. the tire rolls lightly.
• Wedge Sipes - A new innovation in sipes which achieves good stability and, at the same time, good winter grip in contact tires.